About Me

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi,
I am a Sound Designer & Recordist for Music, Film, TV and Video Games based in Glasgow, Scotland.

I am currently studying a Masters degree in Sound for the Visual Image at the Glasgow School of Art.

I previously studied Commercial Music at The University of the West of Scotland, gaining a 2:1 Honours degree.

Previous work has ranged from creating independent radio advertising to working as a digital archivist for Scottish Television's online video player.

Contact: adamrobertsonsounddesign@gmail.com

Friday 4 February 2011

Biffy Clyro String Arrangement



I was listening to an MTV Unplugged session of Machines by Biffy Clyro, which was posted to their facebook page the other day, and thought I'd test out my arranging skills by making an arrangement to accompany the performance.

I arranged everything in ProTools using a Midi Keyboard and some plugins. They seem to have cut the Xylophone/small bells out of the MTV Unplugged official video but you can hear them on the recording I have which was sourced here:

http://www.myoldkentuckyblog.com/?p=14930

the MTV Video version is here for your comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LuWPmEfBM

I don't claim rights to the original song, only my arrangement which sits around it; As far as I’m aware, the copyright to the original recording is held by “1967 Ltd. Nokia Music Group”.

Feel free to let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment