About Me

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi,
I am a Sound Designer & Recordist for Music, Film, TV and Video Games based in Glasgow, Scotland.

I am currently studying a Masters degree in Sound for the Visual Image at the Glasgow School of Art.

I previously studied Commercial Music at The University of the West of Scotland, gaining a 2:1 Honours degree.

Previous work has ranged from creating independent radio advertising to working as a digital archivist for Scottish Television's online video player.

Contact: adamrobertsonsounddesign@gmail.com

Monday 31 January 2011

City Lights

City Lights from Adam Robertson on Vimeo.


This was an assignment as part of my course.
We were asked to come up with our own videos based on a theme and to create the sound to go along with it.
I chose the theme of City Lights and used a poem titled "City Lights" (In Memory of Jack Kerouac); by "jon1jt", sourced from online-literature.com
My aim was to use the out-of-focus lights to force the viewer to be more aware of the audio. I highlighted certain lines in the poem by using spot fx and city ambiences.
I split the lines of the poem up to give the impression that the narrator is walking around the city, commenting on the scenes they are looking at which the viewer doesn't necessarily see.

No comments:

Post a Comment